The Restaurant Brands bargaining team (made up of 10 delegates from various stores plus Unite Union officials) is recommending that union members working at KFC, Pizza Hutt, Starbucks and the RBL Call Centre accept the settlement package on offer from the company.
This agreement only covers those paid an hourly wage (not salaried managers who have a separate agreement being negotiated).
HOW TO VOTE
Unite members working at RBL can vote online by visiting this website: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RBL2012VOTE
Members will need to enter their unique Unite Union ID number which is being emailed out and sent by text directly to members.
Email email@example.com or phone 08002unite (0800 286483) if you have not received your ID number.
Voting is open until 5pm on Friday 15th June.
The proposed settlement is the product of many days of bargaining and right until the final moment it could have gone either way. In the end the package is one we think is acceptable. Of course we didn’t get everything we wanted but we did get many of our claims addressed in the new Collective Agreement or as part of the settlement outside the agreement.
The main points of the settlement are as follows:
1) A pay rise of 2.5% (KFC) or 2% (Pizza Hutt and Starbucks).
2) All allowances to increase by 2%. new Higher Duties Allowance in Call Centre.
3) Overtime rates of time and half after 8 hours (with no waiver).
4) A much stronger clause on breaks which remain at 15 minutes and should be able to be taken mid shift
5) A much improved disciplinary process with rights to representation and seeing all the evidence against you guaranteed.
6) Early shift finished by mutual agreement only
7) Free meals at KFC as part of the Collective Agreement
8) Guaranteed opportunity for redeployment to KFC for redundant Pizza Hutt workers
9) Stronger guarantees against bullying and harassment
10) Clarifying that asking staff to work unpaid is serious misconduct
11) Minimum Guaranteed hours of 25 a week for LAS qualified with three years service.
12) Student visa holders to be rostered up to 20 hours a week.
Union Member Benefits
Unite Union members only will also receive a 72 page discount booklet; a Christmas hamper each year; life insurance for members ($5000 for a member and their spouse, $2000 for members children); a day out at Rainbows End or some equivalent.
If you would like more detailed information you can:
Download the full Terms of Settlement
Download the Protocol on guaranteed hours of work for LAS qualified after 3 years.
Download the complete collective agreement.